Don’t have time right now to write down all that I’m learning or will learn about Visual Sciences (or what Omniture has renamed it to be) but I will say what I like so far:
- You can work off a local cashed copy of the data on your workstation and do the majority of your work (say on a train).
- You can create segments with incredible precision with an almost unlimited number of dimensions.
- To a large extent – Visual Sciences solves the problems of data scalability that Omniture is running into by providing an ASP service – and the platform, overall, is more powerful and flexible.
- You can read in and overlay a lot of different data sources – almost no limit.
- Real time processing
- You own the data – that’s a significant difference than what happens with the ASP model.
I’ll write a bit more on VS later – in future posts.